THE ICEG 463: DRAMA
THE SOCIETY, POLITICS, AND ECONOMICS IN CONTEMPORARY SOUTHEAST ASIA
FLIPPED LEARNING HUB***
Welcome to the ICEG 463: Drama and the Contemporary Southeast Asia Flipped Learning Hub. This section brings you basic information about the English Studies Program's Comparative Literature: Drama and the Intercultural Studies and Languages Program's Society, Politics, and Economics in Contemporary Southeast Asia.
ICEG 463 Course Objectives
Upon completion of ICEG 463 Comparative Literature: Drama, students will have an understanding of and gained valuable experience in the rigors and expectations of the interrelatedness of the creative arts and the discipline of theatrical scholarship.
*** Learning materials for ICCU 201 can be found at the bottom half of this section.
Major Works Discussed in Class
"Romeo & Juliet" - William Shakespeare
"The Importance of Being Earnest" - Oscar Wilde
"Miss Saigon" - Claude-Michel Schönberg and Alain Boublil
Upon completion of ICCU 201 Society, Politics, and Economics in Contemporary Southeast Asia, students will have an understanding of and gained valuable experience in the rigors and expectations of academic discussions on the interrelatedness of contemporary Southeast Asia through the lens of humanities, the arts, and social sciences.
LET'S START FLIPPING!
* Introduction to the course
Turnitin Class Enrollment Details
Turnitin official website click here
Class ID: 17098108
Enrollment key: iccu201
* Geography and Southeast Asia (SEA)
Mapping Southeast Asia (with a blank SEA map for revision purposes)
* Revisiting Southeast Asia: A Brief History
* Religions in SEA
* Gender and Society
* The Human Landscape- Parts 1 & 2
Knowing and Understanding Fundamental SEA Cultural Orientations
* Cultural Heritage in SEA
* Production Work: Video Documentary
* Cultural Conflicts
Culture and Conflict: A backgrounder
Cultural Conflicts in SEA
Arts vis-à-vis Resistance and Social Change
Use of the Arts for Social Change
- See also the counterculture of the 1960s
Southeast Asia in 2011: A Year of Protests
- See also other world examples:
Political Developments in SEA
* Popular Culture and Music in SEA
- Indonesia: "Many Fields, Many Songs"
- The Philippines: "Pinoy, Protest, and People Power"
- Malaysia: "Pluralism and Popular Music"
- Singapore: "Pluralism and Popular Music"
* Migration and Transnationalism
Dynamics in Southeast Asian Performance
Transnational Aesthetics and Balinese Music
* Migration and Mobility Issues in SEA - Part 1
Migrant Workers in Thailand- by ILO
Migrant Workers in Thailand- by Al Jazeera
* Migration and Mobility Issues in SEA - Part 2
* Video Documentary Showing and Critique
* Final Exam
SAMPLE VIDEO ESSAY SCRIPTS
SAMPLE VIDEO ESSAYS